Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Confessions of an OC.

Myk inspired me to write this post. I am a self-denied OC. Okay, well I'm not denying it, it's just that I don't want to be called one or I don't want anyone telling me, "Ang OC mo talaga," whenever I exhibit my OC-ness.

Long before I knew about OCD or realized that I am an OC in some way, I have noticed that there are some things I do which other people normally do not. These actions/compulsions take most of my time, especially when I am cleaning my room.

1. Whenever we have handouts that are photocopied, I remove the staple wire, arrange the pages properly, make sure that the edges are perfectly aligned, then I staple it again. And when I fold these handouts, I make sure I make the fold at the exact center of the paper.

2. All of the contents of my pencil case (yes, I have one), are labeled with my name: pens, pencils, correction tape, ruler, stapler, etc. My books are neatly covered with plastic and they contain the same label as to the contents of my pencil case. I place the label beside the author/s's name/s.

3. I have my clothes arranged according to color (from light colors to the darker one).

4. Whenever I clean my room, I move the furnitures so that I can wipe the ceiling and the walls. Wipe, meaning I wipe it first with a wet rag, then a dry one. As Myk said, "Parang OR cleaning day." Haha.

5. Whenever I have to submit a requirement for school or I just have to type something, I make sure that the titles and subtitles of the document are aligned. Meaning all roman numerals aligned, all capital letters aligned, all numbers aligned, all bullets aligned.

Tama na muna 'yan. Wala na ako maalala. Pero madami pa, I assure you.

I'm planning on posting something about how my room looks like, I'll probably post some pictures, too. So you'll be able to see how much of an OC I am.

Argh! OC-ness.

4 comments:

leeflailmarch said...

Ahaha. Found most of your OC-ness habits the same as mine. Pero not as extreme. :P Pero I'm the same with the folding the handouts, clothes's color arrangement, projects (dito ako extreme, kasi grammarian ako and I want everything perfect 'pag written outputs). Hehehe. OC!!!

Nutty Boy said...

I happened to watch a documentary about OC-ness on TV. Some were funny and totally outrageous. Others just out-and-out suck. Oh well, yung iba sa'yo ay baka hindi naman OC-ness. Baka habit lang.

Meryl Ann Dulce said...

Myk, sinabi nang ayokong tinatawag akong OC eh! Grr. ;p

You don't find me weird naman, Nutty? Hehe.

Ang hirap kasi, sa akin normal lang 'yung mga habit na 'yun. Pero 'pag sa school, kapag may ginawa akong OC-ness, 'yung mga friends ko napapatigil sila tapos tinitingnan nila ko, sabay sabi, "Ang OC mo talaga."

leeflailmarch said...

Same with me. OCOC pa nga eh (pronounced "Ok-ok").